Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Steve and Sandi Show


Meet Steve and Sandi Youngren. They are technically my 'bosses' here in Ecuador, but they are way more like my family and second set of parents. They met in high school, Sandi was16 and Steve was 17, and they have been in love ever since! Seriously, they are still like love-struck teenagers in the best way possible :) They are so lucky and found their 'media naranjas' or in English soul mates. Steve was a pastor and Sandi owed a Tea Shop in California before they entering the mission field in Latin America 12 years ago. 

Ever since I met Sandi at Urbana 2009, I knew that I wanted to work with them. After a 8 month story filled with God's provisions, Taylor and I finally found ourselves in working along side them here in San Carlos Maria de la Torre. Living in community with Sandi and Steve for the past 2.5 months has also been a huge and unexpected blessing in my life. Really, I feel so spoiled and blessed to be able to have such intense, quality time with these two servants of Christ. They do not know how much their lives and sacrifices are such an encouragement to me. Sandi pours into all the workers here and has really helped me grow spiritually through our women's bible study and time together. Steve has taken over the role as a father figure for Taylor and I while we are here. It's actually funny because a lot of his mannerisms really do remind me of my dad and sometimes I just want to hug him because of that. Another unexpected but great blessing about this couple is that they really live surrendered and devoted to Christ. It is evident in all they do, but especially in their marriage. As a single lady who hopes to change that status someday, it is great to have another strong, Christian couple in my life as an example of what marriage rooted in Christ looks like. I am so excited to spend the next 5 months with you 2! Thank you so much for all your work and love mi madre y papi ecuatoriana!!! :) Les amo muchismo. 





Sandi and Steve listening to a song Taylor picked out for them.
It was perfect :)
"Dancing in Minefields"

Still listening and reminiscing. 





Steve being silly and reenacting proposing :)

















Gorgeous Sandi!



Such a beautiful couple!






I don't really know what is going on here...





No comments:

Post a Comment