Thursday, November 18, 2010

Birthday Party, Halloween & Game Night

Last Tuesday, the 9th, was Amie's birthday, so last Saturday we had a party for her birthday and to celebrate Halloween :) Everyone dressed up besides Taylor and I because we didn't really have time/an outfit, but it was fun to see everyone else in their "disfrazes" / costumes. At the party we had a rockstar, a drum, a gangster, Thing 1 & Thing 2, and Captain Obvious. After a yummy dinner we played some Halloween games- bobbing for apples and since we didn't have pumpkins to crave the last contest was drawing jack-o-lanterns on paper plates on our heads. Noah won both games, but I think we had a little advantage since he is also the reining champ from last year's party. After the games we went back in time to watch a totally 80's movie, The Never Ending Story.We watched it with the projector so it felt like we were in the theaters, but that didn't really help it too much- sorry to all you fans (Amie & Cate) since that movie was lame. BUT the whole night was a blast and so much fun to all hang out together, although we were missing Sandi and Amber :(

 

Amie's birthday roses that were gorgeous! I love the roses here- all beautiful and cheap :)




Captain Obvious labeled himself with Spanish vocab.

Keenan Mateo:
The Little Drummer Boy... hehe that was a pun worthy of my mom and Steve ;)

Thug Life- Snoop Steve
 
Abuelo y Phin

The Rockstar! 
Phin loves 'tars' aka guitars and always tries to play the real guitars during bible study-
 its quite funny and so very cute!

Thing 1 & Thing 2


The Trick or Treat bowl- yummy yummy American goodness

apples= yummy
water= healthy
bobbing for apples=  scary
I wasn't a fan of this game... it's a little scary haha

Although Phin didn't bob for apples, he somehow got 2 of them...




A little fact about me is that I absolutely love games, finger food and hosting. So last Sunday I threw a Game Night Party for people from our bible study, ladies from Zumba, our staff and other friends. I was being a little nostalgic of Wheaton and missed my Saturday Morning Pancakes with all my friends, so I decided I should just start a weekly game night for everyone. We had about 25-30 people here in La Casa Rosada from different groups and had a blast. We played, spoons, celebrity, zoo but with fruit instead of animals, and even had a mini worship session :) We made a lot of snacks, but the favorite hit were definitely the Starbucks Pumpkin Scones! Game Night was a big success and I have already been asked by a few people when the next is :) Hopefully soon we will have a weekly one!
This is the only picture that I have from Game Night,
 but hopefully I will get more when we start having it weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment