Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fruitarian

I love fruit. All fruit. I don't think there is one that I don't like. But in the states fresh fruit is so expensive it's going to be a luxury when I get back. That is why while I am here I will definitely take advantage of the fact that we get fresh fruit delivered to our door from the fruit truck!! $12 in the states can get you only about a few bananas, a handle full of apples and maybe some strawberries if they are on sale. This morning from the fruit truck we got- ready for this? :)

~ 4 cloves of garlic= .50 cents
~ 20 tomatoes= $2
~ 10 limes= .50 cents
~ 10 apples= $2
~ 20 bananas= $1
~ 30- 40 oranges= $2
~ 3 papayas= $1
~ 3 mangos= $1
~ 20 strawberries =$1
~ 30 tangerines/clementines= $1

I love Ecuador with its fresh fruit! :) Fruit salads here I come!



all for $12 :)

1 comment:

  1. i. am. so. jealous. i love hearing about what's going on lea! thanks for keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete